1. Make a work or works of art on a NYC MetroCard. Call a friend in NYC to send you a card if you are not in the area. (The NYAA does not sell or send MetroCards.) You may submit up to 20 MetroCards and all your submissions will be displayed.
2. Print your full name and email address on the back of the card.
3. Submit your work to Single Fare 4 by August 23 rd by clicking here (link to submission site inserted). You will need to upload a jpeg or jpegs of your metrocard(s). Please size your metro card to be 72 dpi and no more than 600 pixels on its largest side and name the file as follows:
Lastname_Firstname_Titleofwork.jpg with NO spaces or special characters - '/', '.', '#' etc., (Underscores, '_', however, are fin.)
4. Print completed form.
5. Mail completed form with your MetroCard AND A POSTAGE PAID ENVELOPE FOR EACH CARD. This is to be used to return the card to you if it’s not sold, or to send the card to its buyer. Each Card must have it’s own postage-paid envelope. DO NOT ADDRESS THE ENVELOPE. You must use the correct postage. Return paid postage and extra envelope should be the same size and amount that was used to mail in cards. All cards must be mailed in to be be submitted. No drop offs. (Any cards submitted without a postage paid envelope will not be hung and will not be returned to the artist.)
New York Academy of Art
111 Franklin Street
New York, NY 10013
6. Post your MetroCard(s) on Instagram and Facebook with hashtag #singlefare4 and share!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submissions should be entered no later than August 23, 2017. By clicking SUBMIT YOUR WORK below, you confirm that you understand and agree to the entry guidelines as stated above. This artwork may be used for Single Fare 4, an art auction and sale to benefit the New York Academy of Art and its educational mission. The artwork may be used for promotional purposes of the New York Academy of Art and Single Fare. Each submission must be accompanied an un-addressed postage-paid envelope. If work is un-sold at the close of the exhibition, the un-sold cards will be mailed back to the artist using the prepaid envelopes. All works submitted without a postage-paid envelope will not be hung and will become the property of the New York Academy of Art. The New York Academy of Art and Single Fare are not responsible for lost or missing cards due to mail errors. By submitting your work, you understand and agree that your work is in the hands of the USPS and the NYAA and Singlefare are not responsible for it.
DM via instagram @singlefare